Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Making flowers

Back to making flowers this week.  Seems I go back and forth from making flowers, to cards, to wordbooks, to other embellishments.  I like changing things up and doing different things.  I have enjoyed making everything I've done so far, but, I still need a break from it to do something a little different.  So, this week I've been working on some flowers.  I really liked the way this one turned out.  I used two different tutorials.  I liked the basic floral construction as show by the crafter "Scraps to treasures", but I liked how the other person folded the petals in another tutorial that I watched on youtube (not sure who it was) , so I combined the two and came up with this floral.  I used 5 layers of cut petals, instead of four.  I liked the fullness of the flowers.  Now, I would like to learn how to do the stem and to attach the flowers to make a full embellishment...If you have any ideas on how to do this, I would love the tips and suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment