Thursday, February 17, 2011

Simple Mother's Day Card


Mother's Day is the bitter-sweet holiday for me.  I was blessed with a wonderful mother who was talented and creative beyond belief.  I was fortunate that she took the time to pass on some of her creative abilities to me and I am blessed that I am able to share those talents with others. 

When I was fourteen, my mother passed away from cancer.  It left a huge hole in my heart and a void that I will never be able to fill.  But, I carry with her gift of art and her love will always be in my heart.

Later, in life, my father remarried a jewel.  I was further blessed to have someone in my life that I am proud to call mom and my friend.  We laugh, at times, saying that we forget that we are not blood.  But, we share a special bond that I wish more step-parents and children could share.  She has never taken the place of my mother, nor does she want too, but she has always been there for me as a mother figure and even after the passing of my father, she still continues to bless my life.

So, even though it is early...Happy Mother's Day to all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment