Thursday, January 13, 2011

Paper Flowers


I used the cricut to cut these flowers from acid free paper.  I think they turned out nicely and will use them on my Word Books.  Here are the steps to create these flowers yourself.  It is quick, easy, and less expensive than purchasing the floral packages.  And a great way to use up scraps!!

Step 1:  Choose any floral image from a cricut cartridge
Step 2:  Cut 2-3" flowers, 2-2" flowers, and 2-1" flowers
Step 3:  Attach with a brad or other finding, starting with the smallest flower first.  Rotate the petals on each layer.
Step 4:  Spray flowers with water.
Step 5:  Starting with the center flowers, scrunch towards the center.  Repeate with each layer.
Step 6:  Unfold the flowers
Step 7:  Spray with a glitter spray to variety.
Step 8:  Let dry
Step 9:  Apply to your creations

**To create more depth, ink the edges of the petals before assembling.

3 comments:

  1. These are beautiful. Just breathtaking. I saw you became a follower of my blog and thought I would stop by and return the favor and stalk your blog too.:D
    Hugs
    Meighen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did these come from the Mothers Day Bouquet Cartridge, I just bought it so I could use the cartridge with the McGill Flower Tool. Stop over if you get a minute and check my blog out, and welcome to the world of blogging and paper crafting, you are going to have a blast. http://pammejo-scrapbookflair.blogspot.com/
    Your blog looks amazing and I just became a stalker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I wish I had that cartridge! Maybe one day soon, I will be able to get it! I used flower from the George and Basic Shapes. I am sure the Bouquet cartridge will make gorgeous flowers.

    ReplyDelete