Monday, January 17, 2011

Cricut Mat Lesson Learned

I have two mats.  One is designated for cutting my chipboard and the other is designated to cutting my papers.  I needed to clean my chipboard cutting mat, so I did the usual cleaning with warm water and a light scrub.  Well, I really wanted to use the mat NOW and not wait on it to dry.  So, I decided to use my hair dryer to speed up the drying process.  I was a bit concerned what the heat would do to the mat, but I figured it was at least worth the try.  I have additional mats, but trying to conserve them the best that I can.   I am sure that those of you who are pros at using the cricut, cleaning mats, etc. already know this, but the blow dryer really did make the mat a lot more sticky than just air drying.  So, from now on, I will be using the blow dryer not only to speed up the drying process but to also make the mat more sticky. 

2 comments:

  1. are you using anything to add additional stickiness to your mat? I saw a video about using Zig 2 way glue. First you scrub the mat. Let is dry (using the hair dryer is something I hadn't thought to use thinking it might be too hot...nice to know I can). Then you apply the Zig 2 way glue. It has instructions for using it as a temporary adhesive and permanent adhesive. i have done one mat and it works perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard of using the glue, but I read that the glue might hurt the machine so I have not done that. I may have to break down and give it a try. TY for your advice.

    ReplyDelete