Monday, May 9, 2011

"Fishing you a Happy Fathers Day!"


I made these little father's day cards this evening. I am so enjoying the paperdoll cartridges!  I remember when I was a little girl my mother buying me the paperdolls. I loved pulling apart the dolls and putting the paper outfits on.  Not really sure why it intrigued me so much, but I always enjoyed playing with them.

My daddy was an avid fisherman.  We had some pretty interesting expeditions.  He loved fishing so much that we would sit for hours, in the pouring rain, in the middle of the lake.  He would always say, "Just 5 more minutes".  Or, the sky is lighting up over there, it will be pass in a few...Well, it would keep on raining, and we would keep on sitting there. 

Daddy and I would go fishing a lot on Lake Earling, he would always tell me that I could catch every tree on the lake.  He would just laugh at me when I could get hung up on something--tree or a stump in the water.  And he would always be amazed, that when I got bored, that I could just let me line drag in the water and I would catch a bass. 

I miss my daddy and mommy...Yeah, I'm 42 and still call them daddy and mommy...

So, these cards I made tonight are for my daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment